MY INVESTMENT THROUGH THE CITY OF MILAN.

A forum for current and aspiring bloggers.

Moderators: Mansa, whoami

Mansa
Senior Hot Officer
Senior Hot Officer

MY INVESTMENT THROUGH THE CITY OF MILAN.

Post by Mansa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Sometimes, I got caught in the middle of deciding the appropriate section to post some of my write-ups, owing to versatility of some of the post. However, this post is more of personal experience and I think bloggers, writers and other people can learn few things from it; particularly bloggers, to get some inspiration.

It is about how I invested in myself through the city of MILAN.
IMG_6168.JPG
Duomo di Milano
IMG_6168.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 2437 times
Meanwhile, I would like you to learn some things from this post:

* Holding to your dreams and working everyday to fulfill them: I bet it, you will live most of the dreams, if not all.

* Prioritizing your goals and staying focused: My primary objective here is studying design, which takes substantial part of my time. I did not visit Milan until I have free schedule.

* Negotiating skills: I took my time to find deals on transportation, accommodation and the whole travel package, and it paid off.

* Saving and planning: I have been saving for this wonderful experience and I have planned for it well in advance. You too can save, plan and achieve whatever goal you set. It is possible!

I have been longing to visit the beautiful city of Milan since 2007, when I dared to take my business to international level, but some things always come up and I end up staying in Africa or connecting with other businessmen/companies in other cities/countries.
IMG_6193.JPG
Galleria Vittoria Emanuele II (Vittoria Emanuele Mall)
IMG_6193.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 2437 times
Fast forward to 2016, I decided to acquire knowledge in a field that is quite different from what I have learnt in the past, but which will definitely be a resourceful tool for me in real estate business. I chose to study Interior & Product Design in Italy, the design capital of the world!

I enrolled into a design school in Rome, and this makes me feel that I am getting closer to achieving my dream of visiting Milan. Owing to the fact that studying design is not a stroll in the park, I was unable to visit the Northern part of Italy in the first six months of my arrival in Rome.

I have learnt about the beauty of Milan, being the economic hub of Italy before coming here, so when I got here I tried to get more facts from the locals, and this enhances my interest in the city. One of my professors in the design school recommended Salone Del Mobile Milano/Milan Design Week to us in one of her classes; though I have already saved the event on my event list, but I went home to double star it when the professor also gave it a nod.

Aside the fact that I would be fulfilling my dream if I visit Milan, I was also optimistic that I will learn a lot from the Salone Del Mobile experience as an Interior Design student. (Which I did)

PLANNING
Salone Del Mobile comes up every year around April, and 2017 edition was scheduled and held on 4th – 9th April, 2017. I have been saving and planning to attend the event since January, 2017. I planned visiting Milan for two main reasons:

(i) Salone Del Mobile Milano.
(ii) Learning more about Milan.

I planned to make the experience as exciting as possible, so I informed a couple of classmates and friends in the school about my plan, in case anyone is interested in going with me; some showed interest but their schedule did not permit them. Since I already made up my mind and I am an independent person, I went ahead with searching of deals on accommodation and transportation to Milan.
I admit, it is not easy to find low cost accommodation or hotel in Milan, but I can tell it is very possible to get fair deal, if you know how to search.

First, I tried my social media page by posting my itinerary on my page and on a forum, but I was not lucky to get any deal on my social media page, so I intensified my search online.

I use few online search engines to get travel deals, and it works for me most times, so I turned to search engine as the last resort. I was able to get 2 nights deal in a hostel accommodation. I was also able to get 2 nights free accommodation offer from a friend I met on an online forum, who lives in Pavia, a student town in the south-western part of Lombardy which is close to Milan.
IMG_6177.JPG
View from the B&B hostel I stayed in Milan
IMG_6177.JPG (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2437 times
After I booked accommodation for short stay in Milan, I needed to find best transport deal which will not only be convenient and fast, but will also make my travel experience interesting and fun. I like marveling at nature and edifices while traveling, and it is always fun taking photographs of these beautiful works. So, how do I get this utmost experience while traveling? Airplane; No! Train; No!! Bus; Yes!!! I decided to travel by bus. I took to search engine again and I also got good deal on a return bus ticket to Milan.
IMG_6185.JPG
Bicycle rental service, provided by the city of Milan.
IMG_6185.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2437 times

Accommodation booked, transportation confirmed, bag packed; anxiety in the air. Pronto! I told Milan to prepare for me, that I was coming for her. Ha ha ha!

Now you maybe wondering what might cause danger to your health in this piece, please wait for it in the next episode of my travel experience to Milano…
The story continues here http://www.mybroadstreet.com/days-befor ... erience-2/
www.mybroadstreet.com ...knowledge through experience!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: MY INVESTMENT THROUGH THE CITY OF MILAN.

Post by Administrator » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:26 am

Impressive. Nice one bro.

Jarus
Site Admin

Post by Jarus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:19 pm

This is interesting. Milan is a city I would really like to explore one day.

Mansa
Senior Hot Officer
Senior Hot Officer

Post by Mansa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Administrator wrote:Impressive. Nice one bro.
:) Thank you, I hope to share my experience in summer experience in Germany and Finland soon. Also, my recent trip to Firenze.

Mansa
Senior Hot Officer
Senior Hot Officer

Post by Mansa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Jarus wrote:This is interesting. Milan is a city I would really like to explore one day.
Milan is really beautiful, but the most beautiful parts are the mountains and the northern towns bordering Switzerland.

Rome and Florence are also another interesting cities to explore in Italy, if you the type like have interest in ancient buildings, design and history. Rome isn't merely called the eternal city. All roads lead to Rome.

Florence (Firenze) in the Tuscany region of Italy, is home to many masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture.

Let me wish you safe journey in advance :)
Buon viaggio!

Jarus
Site Admin

Post by Jarus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 am

Great. You may just be my tour guide when I come around

Mansa
Senior Hot Officer
Senior Hot Officer

Post by Mansa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Jarus wrote:Great. You may just be my tour guide when I come around
I would be glad to offer the service.

Return to “Bloggers”